BigWorldAndSmallWorld Blog

Gourmet Guangdong

Posted in Food,Travel and Adventure by Administrator on the January 3rd, 2017

A friend and I went to Guangdong in 2016 for two purposes: indulge in their mouth-watering delicious food and search for family root because our ancestors were from this region. Guangdong (formerly Canton), a coastal province of southeast China, borders Hong Kong and Macau. Its capital, Guangzhou, sits within its industrial Pearl River Delta region. While I don’t remember all the places we went on the 6-day gourmet food tour around Guangdong, I certainly remember some of the tastiest food we ate and I’m glad I took some pictures. Cantonese cuisine is one of China’s Eight Traditional Cuisines, it is also popular in the western world . Roast pigeon, egg custard, abalone, duck, crab, double-skin milk, dim-sum, roast suckling pig, and Foshan Chen-village noodle are among the favorite, too many to name the others.

Below are some of the pictures I took around the region. Best of all, I got to see two college friends whom I haven’t seen since we graduated from Fudan University many many years ago. It was delightful to see them and chat with them, even though it was a short time. The other fun thing I got to do was being drafted as a temporary actress for a show and I got to dress up and be on stage acting as an empress, it was so much fun and totally unexpected.

8 Responses to 'Gourmet Guangdong'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Gourmet Guangdong'.

1. on July 5th, 2017 at 7:15 pm

I think one of your advertisings triggered my web browser to resize, you may well want to put that on your blacklist.

2. on July 5th, 2017 at 10:04 pm

Just about all of the things you point out happens to be astonishingly legitimate and it makes me wonder why I had not looked at this with this light previously. This article really did switch the light on for me as far as this topic goes. But there is actually one point I am not really too cozy with and while I try to reconcile that with the main theme of the issue, let me observe what all the rest of your readers have to point out.Well done.

3. Jamaal Fero said,

on July 27th, 2017 at 12:51 am

Virtually all of the things you assert happens to be astonishingly accurate and it makes me wonder why I hadn’t looked at this with this light before. This particular piece really did turn the light on for me as far as this subject goes. Nevertheless at this time there is just one factor I am not necessarily too comfortable with and while I try to reconcile that with the core idea of the point, allow me see what all the rest of your subscribers have to say.Well done.

4. Ivette Eddie said,

on July 27th, 2017 at 8:24 am

My partner and I stumbled over here from a different page and thought I should check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to finding out about your web page yet again.

5. Olga Britain said,

on July 30th, 2017 at 11:42 am

Greetings from Idaho! I’m bored to tears at work so I decided to check out your site on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the information you provide here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home. I’m surprised at how quick your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, great blog!

6. Hue Treglia said,

on August 19th, 2017 at 4:06 am

Hello there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I really enjoy reading your articles. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same subjects? Thank you so much!

7. on August 19th, 2017 at 8:24 am

I think one of your commercials caused my browser to resize, you might want to put that on your blacklist.

8. Administrator said,