BigWorldAndSmallWorld Blog

Destination China

Posted in Travel and Adventure by Administrator on the February 5th, 2010

Celebrate the year of Tiger, beginning February 14
Walking along the Great Wall in Beijing; riding man-peddled wooden boat on the Grand Canal in a water village; and taking martial art training at the famous Shaolin Monastery Institute, China is a cultural and experiential destination for families and individuals.
YANGTZE RIVER CRUISE
The Yangtze River, along with the Yellow River, is the origin of Chinese civilization. From melting glacial waters in Tibet to the East China Sea at Shanghai, the world’s third longest river runs almost 4000 miles and divides the country into northern China and southern China. On the cruise, you will see the spectacular Three Gorges, many archaeological and cultural sites, and the largest hydroelectric power station in the world: the Three Gorges Dam.
GREAT WALL OF CHINA
Built in 210 BC by the first emperor Qin Shi Huang, the Great Wall stretches for more than 5500 miles. While walking on the Great Wall is very popular at Badaling, you can also take a day or two to trek the less popular but rather impressive Mutianyu, Jinshanling, and Simatai.
GOBI DESERT
The world’s fifth largest desert is along the Silk Road, a route through which China opened its door to the West in the Han Dynasty. Today’s Xinjiang province has several legendary sites such as Mogao Cave in Dunhuang, the Heavenly Lake in Urumqi and Flaming Mountain, a well-known 16th century Chinese classic and scenic Journey to the West spot in Turpan.

64 Responses to 'Destination China'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Destination China'.

1. on August 24th, 2017 at 1:03 pm

I have not checked in here for some time as I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are good quality so I guess I will add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it my friend 🙂

2. on August 25th, 2017 at 1:02 am

Hello my friend! I want to say that this article is amazing, great written and come with approximately all important infos. I’d like to see more posts like this.

3. on August 25th, 2017 at 11:31 am

I feel that is one of the most vital information for me. And i am satisfied studying your article. But should commentary on few normal issues, The site style is great, the articles is in point of fact excellent : D. Good task, cheers

4. on August 26th, 2017 at 12:39 am

I really appreciate this post. I’ve been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thx again!

5. on August 26th, 2017 at 11:04 am

Needed to compose you this very small word to be able to say thanks yet again for all the fantastic ideas you have documented at this time. It’s so pretty generous with people like you in giving publicly all that numerous people would’ve offered for sale for an ebook to get some bucks on their own, most importantly since you could have tried it in the event you considered necessary. These tips as well worked to be the easy way to fully grasp that someone else have the identical eagerness similar to mine to grasp very much more around this matter. I am certain there are many more pleasurable situations up front for individuals that see your website.

6. on August 26th, 2017 at 9:14 pm

Hey, you used to write great, but the last several posts have been kinda boring… I miss your tremendous writings. Past several posts are just a little out of track! come on!

7. velcro.co.uk said,

on August 29th, 2017 at 2:04 pm

I’m very happy to read this. This is the type of manual that needs to be given and not the accidental misinformation that is at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this greatest doc.

8. cordek.com said,

on August 29th, 2017 at 10:41 pm

As soon as I discovered this web site I went on reddit to share some of the love with them.

9. Johnd747 said,

on August 31st, 2017 at 5:11 am

Thank you, I have just been searching for information approximately this subject for ages and yours is the best I have came upon till now. But, what concerning the conclusion? Are you certain in regards to the supply? gagdgfdkfbdc

10. Johnd449 said,

on August 31st, 2017 at 5:11 am

Hello, I desire to subscribe for this blog to obtain most recent updates, thus where can i do it please help. dkegakdddfgd

11. on August 31st, 2017 at 11:15 pm

There is clearly a bunch to realize about this. I consider you made some nice points in features also.

12. Smithk496 said,

on September 1st, 2017 at 11:20 pm

Hello there! This post could not be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my good old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this page to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing! eceedeeeeadagdbe

13. Smitha606 said,

on September 1st, 2017 at 11:20 pm

Wow! This could be one particular of the most useful blogs We’ve ever arrive across on this subject. Basically Wonderful. I’m also a specialist in this topic so I can understand your hard work. bkdfgcdkkgkeeddc

14. on September 10th, 2017 at 2:36 pm

wonderful post, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector do not notice this. You should continue your writing. I am confident, you have a great readers’ base already!